The financial services industry has changed a lot in the last decade, especially after the crash of 2008, where many people saw their life savings reduced to half along with their home values. This has made many investors vary of investing in the markets even though the markets have delivered excellent returns over the last few years.
At Shalin Financial, we have been educating ourselves on The Safety Net Retirement Products as referenced in Rajesh’s new book “The Safety Net Retirement Plan” (to be released in Early 2016). The purpose of these products is to allocate a portion of our client’s retirement savings into safer investments that offer either offer principal protection, minimum income benefit guarantees and/or minimum interest growth with optional long term care benefits.
We accomplish this by helping you establish clear income goals for retirement and find products that match your time horizons. We do not recommend one should put all of their savings into such products, but a portion may not be a bad idea. Worst case, you may not make a high return on your investments but you might be able to sleep better at night knowing that a portion of your savings is not subject to market fluctuations.
Some of the products that can accomplish this are:
- Market Linked CDs that are FDIC Insured
- Structured Products
- Fixed Annuities that pay a fixed interest percentage
- Fixed Indexed Annuities that offer a minimum interest rate and are tied to an index such as Dow Jones, NASDAQ, S & P and give the upside benefits without the downside risks.
- Variable Annuities with minimum income benefits and minimum interest accreditations.
- Life Insurance Products that offer long term care benefits and minimum interest rates.
- Annuity products that also offer minimum interest rates and long term care benefits.
We know that some of these products can be very confusing and it is prudent to take your time and know all of the facts before investing into any of these. Our objective is to provide value to all of our customers and make sure you are happy with your decisions so we are happy to provide the education necessary for you to make a wise decision.
If you would like to discuss some of these options for yourself, please call us for a free consultation. As we said, if we can’t help you, maybe we can point you in the right direction?